Silver Peak helps enterprises and service providers flexibly and securely connect users to applications via the most cost-effective source of connectivity available.
With Silver Peak’s WAN solutions, customers can augment or replace MPLS networks with secure Internet connectivity, often referred to as an SD-WAN, while dramatically reducing WAN costs and complexity. Silver Peak customers benefit from unprecedented levels of visibility, control, and security over all traffic traversing the WAN, while improving application and network performance.
With Silver Peak, sites can be rapidly and non-disruptively extended, moved, or changed as business demands evolve.
- Flexibility: Augment or replace MPLS with any form of connectivity (broadband, DSL, LTE, etc.).
- Visibility & Control: See and control all applications, and encrypt all WAN traffic with AES-256.
- Performance: Making the Internet perform like a private-line.
- Savings:Dramatically reduce connectivity and equipment cost by up to 90%.
Build an SD-WAN with Broadband
MPLS made sense when applications were only hosted in the data center. But today, applications have moved into the cloud, and companies want to operate at “cloud speed.” With today’s reality of cloud-based applications, MPLS is no longer sufficient to address today’s WAN requirements.
But what if you could:
- use Internet to augment MPLS, and cut costs as much as 90%?
- switch carriers, mix and match, or even replace MPLS with broadband?
- simplify branch connectivity and deploy a branch in minutes, not months?
- satisfy users with consistent and reliable private-line-like performance?
The Hybrid WAN: Transition at Your Own Pace
As more applications move to the cloud, companies are finding MPLS is no longer sufficient to address today’s WAN requirements. There is a desire to operate at “cloud speed,” but many IT organizations may be reluctant to transition to a broadband WAN (often referred to as an SD-WAN) overnight.
While the ultimate goal may be an all-broadband WAN, enterprises can begin their journey with a hybrid WAN. As MPLS upgrades arise, businesses can explore lower-cost broadband Internet services as an alternative for connecting to Cloud applications. This provides an opportunity to downsize MPLS bandwidth and only use that connectivity for remaining data center applications. Enterprises can begin to slowly migrate additional applications from the data center to the cloud as desired.
Transitioning to this new WAN model requires minimal disruption or cost. Internet services can be introduced into the WAN without impact on application performance or the MPLS network. A Silver Peak-enabled broadband WAN automatically selects the optimum path for every application. This can restrict business-critical traffic to MPLS networks, while directing less critical traffic across the Internet VPN. Given industry averages for bandwidth costs, payback for a broadband WAN investment starts immediately.
IT organizations around the globe choose Silver Peak WAN optimization to overcome network performance challenges and lower ongoing WAN costs.
Silver Peak stands out thanks to:
- Virtual Flexibility. Silver Peak offers the industry’s only multi-gigabit virtual WAN optimization solution and is the only WAN optimization solution to run on every major hypervisor. The software is available for immediate download and free trial via the Silver Peak software marketplace.
- Industry-Leading.Silver Peak continues to lead the industry in WAN optimization capacity and performance. With the broadest portfolio of physical and virtual WAN optimization products, and support for up to 10 gig WAN environments, Silver Peak delivers the most cost-effective WAN optimization for branch offices, data centers, and the cloud.
- Accelerate Any Application. Silver Peak’s WAN optimization products improve the performance of all enterprise and cloud applications, regardless of transport protocol or version. This is done all without the risk of corrupting data or altering application behavior. No plug-ins are required, which expedites deployment and saves both time and money.
- Cloud-Ready. Silver Peak VX virtual WAN optimization appliances can be deployed directly within Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings from Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and VMware vCloud Air. This allows enterprises to easily extend their WAN optimization deployment into the cloud.
Features & Benefits
- Deployable anytime, anywhere from software marketplace.
- Set it and forget it. Works on all applications without special configuration or software.
- Cost effective. High capacity virtual and physical devices = minimal investment cost.
- Future proofed. Optimize any application, regardless of version or transport protocol.
- Industry leading scalability. Multi Gbps throughput in a single virtual or physical device.
- Lower telco and cloud costs. Avoid or delay costly WAN bandwidth upgrades by eliminating over 95% of WAN traffic. Lower cloud costs by over 50% by reducing data being transferred.
- Move data quicker between data centers, branch offices, and remote locations.
- Improve the performance of centrally hosted storage and applications.
- Ensure the success of strategic IT projects that rely on the WAN, like data replication, data center consolidation, virtualization, cloud, and big data.
Silver Peak VRX software was designed for the storage professional. It combines advanced WAN acceleration technology, simplified deployment methods, and subscription pricing options to deliver up to 20x faster remote replication. With VRX, storage managers can easily meet, or shrink, their recovery point objectives (RPOs). The VRX software deploys with just six simple steps, and does not require networking expertise.
Whether it is replicating between data centers or using a Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) offering in the Cloud, Silver Peak VRX easily overcomes the challenges of limited bandwidth, latency, and poor link quality to help customers move more data over longer distances.
Compatible Data Protection Products
Silver Peak VRX products are compatible with any IP-based data protection application, including most backup and replication products.
Features & Benefits
- Solves network bandwidth, distance and quality challenges to deliver maximum replication throughput over a WAN.
- Proven integration. Works with all IP replication solutions.
- Industry leading scalability. Easily replicate several TB per hour.Deployed in minutes. No networking expertise required with storage redirection deployment.
- Meet Recovery Point Objectives (RPO). Replicate more data in less time to remote offsite locations.
- Protect all of your data, not just the most important
- Replicate over longer distances. Eliminate distance limitations between source/target devices.
- Improve business continuity. Maintain redundant data centers for hot failover.
- Lower disaster recovery costs. Eliminate costly dedicated networks for replication; avoid bandwidth upgrades.
cloud & System Management
Cisco cloud and systems management solutions help you optimize your data center and network operations.
These solutions simplify network management with Cisco Prime products for enterprise organizations and service providers. Also it helps to improve operational efficiency and increase IT agility.
Cisco Solution Offerings
Optimize the management of your data center and network infrastructures with Cisco cloud and systems management solutions. Our innovative portfolio of Cisco Prime management products helps simplify and accelerate your adoption of unified communications, next-generation video, cloud, fixed mobile convergence, and more.
Cisco cloud management, data center automation, OSS, and network management products provide highly effective tools for data center operations and network operations centers. These tools can bring differentiated value to your infrastructure and operations.
Benefits of Cisco cloud and systems management software include:
- Lower TCO of the entire network and data center infrastructure
- Accelerated time-to-market for innovation and new services
- Enhanced end-user experience and customer satisfaction
- Simplified data center and network management
- Increased efficiency with reduced operational and capital expenditures
This management software that will easily integrate into your current process, systems, and procedures. Cisco cloud and systems management products can help your organization to achieve unparalleled time-to-value for Cisco equipment, platforms, and technologies.
Data Center Management and Automation
Increase efficiency with IT automation products that save time, provide clear visibility, and strengthen control over operations.
Cisco UCS Director
- Delivers IT efficiency to better support business strategy
- Shared infrastructure policies and resource pools speed deployment time
- Seamless physical, virtual and bare metal infrastructure support
Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud
- Software stack that provides efficient IT management in cloud environments
- Supports all cloud models, as well as virtual and physical infrastructure
- Helps meet business demands for speed and adaptability
Cisco Process Orchestrator
- Provides a single platform for automating IT Processes
- Supports best practices for many popular technologies
- Makes automation easier through a visual workflow developement environment
Cisco Prime Service Catalog
- Deploy an end-user service catalog for both cloud computing and workplace IT use cases
- Improve efficiency, ensure governance, and increase end-user satisfaction with IT service delivery
Cisco Controllers and Applications
- Simplify and automate application-centric network provisioning and configuration through the programmability and open APIs of Cisco ONE controllers.
Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC)
- Unifying point of automation and management for the Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) fabric
- Open architecture (open APIs and standards) to integrate Layer 4 – 7 service, virtualization, and management vendors
- Intelligent telemetry and visibility for applications and tenants
- Provides security for multitenant environments at scale
- A common policy platform for physical, virtual, and cloud networking
Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC) Enterprise Module
- Massively simplifies configuration and provisioning
- Automates security and threat remediation across the network end to end
- Facilitates rapid network troubleshooting through automation
- Delivers business intelligence centrally for business growth
- Open APIs and programmability can enable rapid innovation